Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Vogue 9297

 I say this every time I sew a pattern from a Big 4 company: I don't know why I don't do it more often.  I like everything that I sew from the bigger companies.  This time, I paired a rayon from Style Maker Fabrics with Vogue 9297 and I love the result!

The fabric is wonderful: It's got some texture to it but is still soft and floaty. I highly recommend it if it's still available. It's sheer so I lined it with a basic white cotton.
It's a Very Easy Vogue pattern, so there wasn't much to the construction. One front bodice with darts, one back bodice with darts, and then two pieces for the front and back bottom portion. I used an invisible zipper instead of the standard one it called for, and I stitched the belt to the back so that it wouldn't slip around as I move. 

Happy sewing!

3 comments:

  1. I love Vogue Patterns bec I can count on good instructions and patterns that go together. Love this top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Finding the right fabric is such a good skill!

    ReplyDelete