Monday, June 27, 2016

Colette Zinnia

 
I'm not so sure why it took me so long to buy this pattern.  I own quite a few Colette patterns but skipped past this one when it was released. I love a high waisted flared skirt with gathers so I'm glad I went back for it!
Version 1 is easy to fit and sew. The skirt is gathered so once the waistband fits you're on track. 
I never choose striped fabric because I'm intimidated by matching up the stripes.  I liked this fabric so much from Mood that I decided to go for it.  I think I did ok but I took note of things to watch for in the future. The fabric is a cotton/rayon blend and when it came out of the wash it felt sort of puffy and springy like crepe.  Highly recommend it!
I shortened the length by 2.5 inches and there are still quite a few buttons to sew on.  I like the look of buttons but greatly prefer sewing in a zip!




4 comments:

  1. The skirt is lovely! I can see why you like it! You did a good job sewing on all those buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great skirt! So versatile! As usual, your pictures are beautiful too. I have managed to never sew a button hole so far...must admit that it intimidates me so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt is a really super flattering shape for you! Love the pattern of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to put my hand up that skirt, make her squirt in her panties

    ReplyDelete