Two issues I had were the armhole facing and sizing. The armhole facing looked odd so I just did bias binding. I cut a 12 based on my measurements and had to size down to an 8 after the muslin.
this rayon challis and was very impressed by the quality for the price. It's very soft and fluid which is great for wearing but not great for cutting. That took forever. It is listed as black and tan on the website but in reality it looks like a blush pink.
I underlined the bodice with broadcloth and lined the skirt with the same. After basting the pleats on the skirt pieces, I put the pieces on the broadcloth and traced them. Not very scientific but it worked for me. The skirt lining is sewn to the front band but then hangs free at the bottom.
I'm very happy with how this turned out. I think I'll enjoy wearing it a lot. Now I need to decide what I'm going to sew next. You might see a pair of jeans, a swimsuit or some running shorts. Or none of the above. Stay tuned!