Saturday, June 28, 2014

Moneta #3


One of the things I love about sewing is the ability to make an outfit for yourself out of anything you want.  If you want to go into the kid section for some knit fabric with ladybugs on it, then go for it just like I did.

This is my second to last Moneta for the season.  After the next one I'm making myself stop for awhile but then when fall and winter are approaching it's game on.

The ladybug fabric is from www.fabricworm.com and it's by Birch.  I love it even though it's not very drapey.  I like nice drapey jersey for this dress.  This fabric would be more suitable for a top that doesn't need drape but it still works here.

 
The orange fabric is from Sarah's in Lawrence KS.  It's a great quality fabric but it's a little on the thick side.  So is the ladybug fabric.  I was supposed to interface the Peter Pan collar but I didn't because 1) I didn't have any interfacing and I was feeling too lazy to run to the store and 2) I was worried that with the thickness of the fabric it would be a big bulky collar if I added interfacing.  I should have interfaced it because it waves a bit.  I'll know for next time. 
 
 
 
This is as close to the back of the dress as we're going to see today.  I just used the front piece out of the envelope for the back and then forgot to take a picture of it.
 
 
You can see how the hem waves a little bit.  I wasn't planning on that but I like it.  I used a twin needle for hemming and the wave gives it a little bit of extra personality.
 
 
I bought this label from www.sewaholicpatterns.com.  I love it! 
 
 





4 comments:

  1. Well you certainly made yourself a one of a kind dress!! I love this version! You are a prime example of how you can take one pattern and turn it into many wearable looks. The ladybugs are a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladybugs for Good Luck. I like the way you change the patterns to suit your style. Cannot decide which is my favorite, but I can tell you have learned so much about adapting patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of a Kind is a great label!

    ReplyDelete