I used a stabilizer to keep the fabric from shifting during the sewing process and tried not to handle it too much.
I also chose to underline (again) the skirt. I need to buy a book on how to add linings. If the pattern doesn't call for a lining then I don't know how to add one myself.
Once again I had problems with picking the right size. This is the first Sewaholic pattern I've sewn. Based on my waist measurement I chose a 10 and tapered down to a 4 in the hips for my muslin. The waist was huge so I sewed a straight 6 for my final product. I could have tapered down in the hips since there is a lot of volume in the size 6 for me. However, during the muslin phase I discovered that I had graded down right in the middle of the pocket and that complicated things. Also, I think grading that far between sizes is probably too much. I should have done another muslin but I was too lazy.
I like the tabs and pockets!
This skirt was super easy to make. I used the serger to finish the seams. It was my best job so far but still not as good as I'd like. I just noticed there is a Crafty class on serging which I desperately need to sign up for.
I did a catchstich on the hem. It's a big hem to sew by hand but I just like it so much better that way.